• Caption: N&W transfer heading to Clare Yard, about to enter street running on Mehring Way in Queensgate, looking northwest towards 5th Street and Freeman Avenue in 1981. The bridge above and even the derelict rail in the foreground off the side of the street remain to this day, but not the tracks on Mehring Way or the viaduct this train is descending. They were removed sometime around 2000. This track was used to transfer trains between the PRR on the east side, and the various raliroads in the Mill Creek Valley. The bridge overhead was built between 1928 and 1932 to connect the C&O bridge with Union Terminal. Photo by Don Faris, courtesy railpictures.net
  • Date: 1/17/2004, 12:30:52 PM EST
  • File Name: NW_894_020881.jpg.jpg