• Caption: Underneath the northern approach to the C&O Bridge over the Ohio River, looking south along Smith Street from Pete Rose Way. The original C&O bridge was built in 1889 and was located where the Clay Wade Bailey Bridge is today. The C&O Bridge was replaced with the current structure in 1929, which was built immediately west of the original. The 1889 bridge was turned into an automobile bridge and was in use as such until it was replaced in 1974.
  • Date: 7/6/2008, 2:18:46 PM EDT
  • File Name: DSC_0580.NEF