• Caption: The northern approach to the C&O Bridge, looking south across Pete Rose Way. The abandoned structure in the foreground used to support an extra viaduct that connected with ground level behind Longworth Hall. The original viaduct used to proceed across Queensgate where it reached ground level just after crossing 5th Street next to the CH&D Baymiller Street Station. All of this structure was rebuilt in 1929 as part of the Union Terminal project, and the new stretch of viaduct that crosses and runs over top of Mehring Way west of Freeman Avenue was added to connect to the new station. The track buried under the pavement at bottom-center once connected the Big Four with the Waterfront Belt Line on Mehring Way.
  • Date: 7/6/2008, 2:19:38 PM EDT
  • File Name: DSC_0581.NEF