• Caption: Location of the Cincinnati & Hamilton Springdale loop, immediately south of the city hall, looking southwest towards Route 4. After interurban service on the Cincinnati & Hamilton was abandoned, the people of Springdale funded the construction of this loop so the Cincinnati Street Railway, which took over the line from Hartwell to Glendale, could run streetcars to here. The tracks came in from the left, turned left around the park, then turned left again onto Route 4 to head back towards Cincinnati. The Springdale extension was only used from 1928 to 1930.
  • Date: 4/3/03, 1:25:38 PM EST
  • File Name: DSCN4218.JPG