• Caption: Historic photo of the C&LE freight branch crossing Hamilton Avenue onto Llanfair in College Hill, looking west. The track continuing ahead was for the original College Hill Railroad and later Cincinnati & Northwestern. The tracks ran to the right/north side of Llanfair in the dirt. After it was converted from a steam railroad into an interurban, the main line turned north behind the vantage point of this photo. The track crossing from left to right is the southbound track for the Hamilton Avenue car line of the Cincinnati Street Railway. From the University of Cincinnati Library Digital Resource Commons, Street Construction and Improvements collection.
  • Date: 3/20/1941, 12:00:00 AM GMT-5
  • File Name: b39_f23_n001.jpeg