Return to Index Thumbnail page Download original
Previous image Next image
Streetcar Routes & Revealed Tracks
0002_Substations_Carbarns_Powerhouses-28
Cable car barn at the corner of Highland and Dorchester Avenues in Mt. Auburn, looking northwest. The stone section is from the original carbarn that burned down in 1892. The brick parts were built after the fire. This building was used by the Mt. Auburn Cable Railway, which operated cable cars along Highland Avenue to downtown from 1887 to 1902.
Date: 10-03-2002 | File Name: 0002_Substations_Carbarns_Powerhouses-28.jpg