- University of Cincinnati - Cincinnati, OH
- Master of Architecture 2003
- Certificate in Historic Preservation 2003
- Bachelor of Science in Architecture 2001
- 15 years experience at architecture firms of varying sizes. Focused on custom residential design, additions, remodeling, historic preservation, cabinetry design and detailing, interior finishes, and mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems. Made significant contributions to the design and construction of a dozen homes and commercial/civic buildings, ranging from small porches to large estates. Developed new documentation methods for Lutron lighting automation systems and integration. Worked with other innovative building system designs including spray-foam insulation, ground-source (geothermal) heat pumps, and energy recovery ventilators.
- Information Technology
- 20 years experience in Macintosh information technology. Managed 20 workstations, two servers, OpenDirectory, workgroup administration, calendar sharing, website maintenance, tape backups, end-user support large format black & white plotting, and color printing.
8 years experience in Windows information technology. Managed 30 workstations, Server 2012 R2, Active Directory, Exchange, license/subscription management, end-user support, large format black & white plotting, and color printing.
- 15 years experience in digital architectural and sports photography. Photographed many sporting events, from high school basketball, wrestling, and swimming/diving to triathlons and bike races. Photographed architectural interiors and exteriors for office portfolio use and publication on the internet and in books and magazines.
- Urban Mass Transit Research
- 20 years ongoing research into Cincinnati's transit history. Focused on streetcar and electric interurban railway systems, with additional research on local steam railroads and transportation infrastructure. Photo documented extant remains and mapped existing and abandoned lines and wrote extensive histoies for presentation on the internet.
- Computer Software & Information Technology
- AutoCAD, PowerCADD, QGIS, Sketchup, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver, Microsoft Office Suite, Windows Pro and Server, Mac OS X Client & Server, Apple Remote Desktop, IMAP & Exchange e-mail, website maintenance, Océ & Kip large-format plotters.
- Imaging & Graphics
- Nikon D-SLR cameras, pencil & ink sketching, colored pencil & 3D rendering.
- Employment History
- Luminaut (Formerly ArchitectsPlus) - Cincinnati, OH (2011 – Present)
- Project manager, designer, photographer, and information technology manager for this custom residential, commercial, and interior design firm. Managed and assisted in the design, documentation, and construction administration of various projects large and small. Worked extensively in conjunction with the Cincinnati Preservation Association as project manager on the complete restoration of the Emily Rauh Pulitzer House in Woodlawn, Ohio, an early International Style/Bauhaus home from 1938. Managed the remodeling of Groesbeck Lodge at the Cincinnati Nature Center into the Center for Conservation. Both projects received historic preservation and design awards. Also managed the firm’s IT infrastructure, including Windows workstations, servers, website/e-mail, and supporting IT equipment.
RWA Architects, Inc. - Cincinnati, OH (2003 – 2009)
- Project manager, designer, photographer, and information technology manager for Cincinnati’s largest custom residential architecture firm. Managed and assisted in the design, documentation, and construction administration of projects ranging from a new garage in a Cincinnati historic district to a 45,000 square foot estate manor house. Photographed many of the finished architectural projects and incorporated them into various marketing materials. Managed the firm’s IT infrastructure, including Macintosh workstations, servers, website/e-mail, and supporting IT equipment.
- Cooperative Education (Professional Practice) Assignments (1998 – 2002)
- Through the University of Cincinnatis co-op program, worked at four different architecture firms for a total of six academic quarters.
- At Stephen Rankin Associates in Chicago, participated in design and presentation drawings for corporate offices, hospitals, and mixed-use office/warehouses. Main responsibility included designing portions of the Toman Branch Library addition & remodeling in Chicago.
- At Glick/Boehm & Assoc. in Charleston, SC, worked on projects ranging from post offices, retail renovations, office buildings to military base renovations and remodeling.
- At RWA Architects in Cincinnati, focused on high-end residential renovation and remodeling, as well as light commercial and historic preservation projects.
- At VOA Associates in Chicago, drafted construction documents, created displays for client presentations, and assisted with design and presentation tasks in the architecture and interior design departments mostly for the Kingsgate Conference Center at U. of Cincinnati.
- Program presenter for the Cincinnati chapter of the American Institute of Architects (AIA) Architecture by Children Program (2003 – present)
Mentor with the Big Brothers Big Sisters Association of Cincinnati (2003 – 2008)
Member of the Cincinnati Transit Historical Association and Cincinnati Railbuffs (2003 – present)
Protected noteworthy transit structures in the Park Hills historic district in Kentucky, and in Cincinnati as part of the Ohio Department of Transportation’s I-75 Mill Creek Expressway Study, by helping list them on the National Register of Historic Places
Participated in races and organized training rides for 7 Hills Racing, a Cincinnati-based bicycle racing team with approximately 100 members, and coordinated the design, ordering, and delivery of the technical riding apparel for the team (2005 – 2015)
- References and further examples of work are available upon request.
- Start Viewing Projects
- Projects Index
- Return to Homepage